Klaus Tschira Boost Fund
Julia Scho, Ph.D.
GSO e. V.
Phone: +49 (0) 30 206 799 67
December 7th 2020,
11:59 pm CET
Please follow the advice about the requirements and terms of condition (links download area).
Applications are to be submitted online through the application form.
Through the Klaus Tschira Boost Fund, we promote excellent researchers by providing
- flexible funding to create scope for independent, higher risk, interdisciplinary projects,
- support in building (international) collaborations and networks,
- targeted mentoring and advice on professional and personal development.
The objective is to give (young) researchers greater flexibility in shaping their career paths, accelerate their careers, and promote early independence.
Apply now for the Klaus Tschira Boost Fund (application deadline: December 7th, 2020).
- Please read through the guidelines (see downloads) first.
- Submit all documents and information through our digital application form only.
- Press the button “apply now“ and you will be forwarded to the application form.
It is possible to apply for funding of up to € 80,000 for a period of up to two years. In principle, funding can be used for all types of costs; no more than 75 percent of the funds may be used to cover (parts of) the fellow’s own salary.
In addition, fellows are eligible to become members of the alumni network AlumNode which focuses on the following:
- Leadership & Career Development
- Science Communication & Advocacy
- Projects & Collaborations
The network offers access to intensive knowledge transfer and sharing, the promotion of independent projects, peer mentoring as well as various advisory and professional development opportunities.
The program addresses early-stage and mid-career researchers who
- are employed at a higher education institution (university, Fachhochschule) or a non-university research institution,
- conduct research in one of the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Neurosciences or Physics,
- have the following status: postdoc, junior research group leader, junior/W1 professor.
Applications may be submitted by public higher education institutions (universities, Fachhochschulen) and non-university research institutions in Germany. The approved funding must be requested by the applicant institution and made freely available to the researcher. Funding must be used in accordance with the approved financial plan, and proof of use of funds is submitted to GSO.
Applications must be sent to GSO electronically. Please use the relevant online application form. Application guidelines can be downloaded.
The following application documents are mandatory:
- research outline including financial plan and timetable
- researcher’s informative CV
- researcher’s motivation letter
- letter of support from applicant institution
Documents may be written in German or English.
The Klaus Tschira Boost Fund has already supported 22 fellows since 2019.
We promote young researchers in the Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science. Please visit the following pages to learn more about our fellows.