10117 Berlin, Germany
Phone:+49 (0) 30 2060 5271
January 3rd, 2021
11:59 pm CET
Please follow detailed advice about requirements and terms of condition on the german page of the Leadership Academy.
How do I build my research group and discover the right style of leadership for me? How can I become a professor in Germany and what options are there for me in other sectors? How can I advance my personal development?
The program helps researchers to find the answers in an interdisciplinary, transnational group.
Join the GSO Leadership Academy!
(Application deadline: January 3rd, 2021)
We offer 25 full fellowships for exceptional, German-speaking academics who are looking to assume responsibility now and in the future – in research, business, the nonprofit field and other sectors, or as a founder.
LSA Fellows receive a full fellowship covering participation in the program as well as travel and accommodation costs (Darmstadt). The call is published worldwide for all disciplines. Applicants should be about to make their next career move and seeking to return to Germany.
The Leadership Academy’s tailored curriculum combines two elements:
- professional preparation for assuming positions of responsibility in the German science and research landscape as well as in other sectors
- systematic career planning, personal development and support
This is complemented by a package of measures covering individual career coaching and mentoring options as well as various networking formats.
The full program contains one attendance phase in Germany combined with digital workshops during eight months.
The program is designed for german-speaking researchers who
- have the minimum status of a postdoc (or comparable),
- currently conduct research outside of Germany,
- are looking to assume responsibility now and in the future – whether in research at universities or non-university research institutions, in business, the nonprofit sector, science management or as a founder,
- have already performed excellently and want to continue developing their potential to hold positions of responsibility,
- want to help shape and advance Germany.
- excellent doctorate
- interest in returning to Germany in the short- or medium-term
- interest in assuming responsibility in science, business and society
- very good knowledge of German
- time and willingness to participate in both modules in the United States and Germany
- b.: no age limit